Other Available Dogs
Surrendering Your Dog
How You Can Help
Gone But Not Forgotten
- Upon receipt of your inquiry on a specific dog, or adoption in general, we will ask a few initial questions.
- After reviewing the answers we will send an adoption application in Word format. You can either print the application to fill out and return to us, or fill out and email back.
- After reviewing your application, we will call your veterinarian and references, then call you to discuss.
- At that point we can set up a meeting with your family and the dog.
- If after meeting the dog you do want to adopt it, and we feel it is a good match, we will set up a home visit.
- If all goes well at the home visit, the adoption may proceed.
Our Adoption Policies:
- Adopter must have a fully fenced yard with padlocked gates. For
some dogs a 4' fence is not sufficient. We do not place dogs into
homes with invisible fences.
- Dog must be an indoor pet.
- Dogs will not be adopted into homes further than a 1-hour drive
- Normally we do not place dogs into homes with children under 12
years of age.
- Normally we do not place dogs into homes where they will be left
alone (with or without another dog) for 8+ hours 5 days a week.
- All dogs and cats in adopter's home must be spayed/neutered.
- Adopter will obey leash laws.
- Dog will not be tethered or tied outside for any length of time.
- Dog will never be left in the yard when no one is home.
- Adopter must be financially able to care for the dog.
- Dog must be kept up to date on vaccinations and kept on monthly
heartworm prevention, as must be all other dogs & cats in adopter's
- Dog will not be used as guard or attack dog at home or business
at any time.
- Dog will not be used in any way in dog fighting or in aggression
toward other animals.
- Dog will wear an ID tag at all times and will be microchipped.
- Dog will not be used for laboratory experimental purposes.
- We will not be held liable for any actions of the dog once it leaves
our possession and is adopted by Adopter and contract is signed.
- Adopter must notify us of any address/phone number change within
- Adopter must notify us immediately if dog is lost or stolen.
- Adopter may not transfer ownership of the dog without written permission
from us. If adopter is unable to keep dog for any reason, the dog
must be returned to us.
- A home check will be done prior to adoption and a rep may re-visit
the home following the adoption to ensure the welfare of the dog.
Any violations of these rules or the adoption contract allows us to
retake possession of the dog.
- Male Dobermans will not be adopted into a home with another male
Doberman or large breed male dog.
- Puppies will not be placed into a home with a dog of the same sex. If you have both a male and a female dog, you cannot adopt a puppy from us.
- We have the right to refuse to adopt any dog to any person if we
determine it is in the best interest of the dog.